Since its inception, The Dalhousie Golf Club has been honoured by having successive Earls of Dalhousie as its Patron. As is recorded elsewhere in this history it was the 11th Earl who first granted a site for a clubhouse and permission to play golf on the links in 1868.
In much more recent times, the Club has been delighted to have the presence of the present Earl, the 17th, as a guest at the annual dinner and also in a golf match on the Championship Course.
The Patrons over the past 14 decades have been:
- 1868-1874 Fox Maule, 11th Earl of Dalhousie
- 1874-1880 George, 12th Earl of Dalhousie
- 1880-1887 John William, 13th Earl of Dalhousie
- 1904-1928 Arthur George, 14th Earl of Dalhousie
- 1928-1950 John Gilbert, 15th Earl of Dalhousie
- 1950-1999 Simon Ramsay, 16th Earl of Dalhousie
- 1999- James Hubert, 17th Earl of Dalhousie
The Dalhousie Golf Club Captains since 1868
The Dalhousie Golf Club Champions since 1947
The Dalhousie Cup.pdf (6.18 mb)
Winners of the Taylor Trophy, the Dalhousie Ladies’ Golf Club championship
Ladies Captains since 1937